Monday, May 18, 2009

Triplets are exhausting.

I know it's blurry, but can you see this furry family?  They're all napping together!  Have you seen anything cuter?  I couldn't get a better shot because I didn't want to disturb them.  

Mom has two kitties with their faces burrowed into her belly.  Dad is to the left, and little independent kitty is laid out in the front.  A neighbor told me that Mom had her babies in someone's garage across the street.  The two parents were living by our back door inside a box for awhile, waiting for the kids to get big enough to move them over.  Now they all live in the bushes beside our front porch.  

Mom just seems, understandably, exhausted.  Dad has a cut on one of his front paws right now.  He is very protective of his feline family and is quick to hiss when anyone comes near any of them.   The little orange one takes after him and likes to hiss and scare Pup when we walk by to go outside.  Although they are annoyance to Hub and Pup, I love all five of them so much.  I put out food for them for awhile, but someone didn't like the idea of adopting five cats.  I don't know why.

No comments: