Thursday, September 9, 2010

Emily Henderson


Emily Henderson was the only competitor on HGTV's Design Star that I could have possibly imagined watching on an actual show. I thought she did a really great job and that her show, Secrets From a Stylist, would totally fill a Domino/Lonny niche in HGTV's viewing audience.



Apartment Therapy has a feature on the house she shares with husband, Brian, here if you want to see more pictures like the ones above.

Plus I like the (reborn Thom Felicia Dress My Nest) concept of using a person's wardrobe to shape their home design. At least, I think that's where she's going with it. Regardless, those twenty and thirty-something gals are going to love her, and from what I can tell even the roughest of bloggers (watch out for language on that link) already have her back.

She has such cool, vintage, eclectic, casual, organic, industrial, unique sense of design. (Enough adjectives?) I love her! There's nothing boring or matchy matchy or themed in her spaces, unlike some other HGTV shows. I think she's perfect for the network. In my mind, she could be a younger, more affordable version of Sarah Richardson.



HGTV also has a sneak preview of the makeover she does for Glee co-creator, Ian Brennan. She does well mixing it up in his living room. I love the bold portrait over the fireplace, the straight sofa, and the metallic coffee table... not to mention the antlers and library ladder in the background.



This is the cutest and coziest guest bedroom nook...



What an efficient and masculine office-turned-den. I'll be keeping my eye on her.

1 comment:

Carpet Pro Gal said...

I loved Emily from the get go! She's has a really cool, laid back personality, that's reflected in her home. Love ever room, and how she's not afraid to use funky area rugs and other accessories. Look forward to her show!