Friday, March 5, 2010

Big Ears Festival 2010


If I were going to this fest in Knoxville, TN, I would pay special attention and be specifically excited about these people (don't be scared to click on links):

The Books
The National
Sufjan Stevens
St. Vincent
Vampire Weekend



It sounds pretty cool.

"One of the most exciting and enjoyable aspects of Big Ears is the opportunity for audiences to hear musicians, artists, and others discuss their work, the work of others, the worlds of music and art, technology, and our changing world. Through talks, question and answer sessions, workshops, and one-on-one chats, Big Ears artists and audiences will have unique occasions to interact with one another and learn about the ideas and technologies behind the music, the art, and the people making it."

Last, a video set to The National's "Slow Show" which has a nice little line in it about dreaming about and missing someone for 29 years before knowing her. I always liked that idea. When I hear this song, I always think back to driving with Carter through Corsicana headed to my parents' house back when they lived in Palestine. Just driving and talking. Which, now that I think about it, may be why I like the video.



No comments: