Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Dancin Mood

"We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance."
-Japanese proverb

One of Carter's favorite things to do is to tell me to "sing it" and then hold an imaginary mic to my face. Sometimes I react well to this and oblige him by singing (and sometimes I don't).

An offshoot of this request is to coerce me into making up dances to go with whatever song we're listening to, as well. And, well, sometimes I just make up those dances on my own volition with no coercion needed.

What can I say? I like to dance.

I used to be a good dancer. Now, I mostly feel like a corny mom dancing over the meatloaf. I don't even make meatloaf, but nevertheless, the point is my rhythm isn't what it used to be, but the springtime weather has put me in a dancing mood, so to speak. I guess what I'm trying to say is aren't you glad it's warm and we can put our selves in the sun and plant things and go sit on patios?

"...Again you will take up your tambourines and go out to dance with the joyful." Jer 31:4b

No comments: