Monday, April 26, 2010

One Thing Leads to Another


I made cupcakes for a friend of my in-laws who was throwing a baby shower this weekend.



We decided on vanilla cakes with cream cheese, vanilla bean icing with a turbinado sugar crown...



and a lemon cake with lemon lime buttercream icing and boyish blue sprinks.




The best part? When she picked them up, she asked if I could do a graduation luncheon for her son in May, too. I was bouncing a few ideas off Carter, and I was warned not to make "girly" food for the luncheon. Hmm. Now, I'm trying to reconcile burly food with a luncheon menu. Suggestions?

3 comments:

Sara said...

U could do steak croustini's with a bernaise sauce. I think one time you made some stuffed pastry thing with ckicken and cheese in it. Just a few to get you started.

Beth said...

That is a good start! I do have the hardest time with the proteins...

kawooten said...

Maybe ask Vicky what she's thinking - They are definitely not sophisticated when it comes to food! Maybe Brandon has a favorite? I'm excited for you!