Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Downtown Spectacle

Yesterday, I received an email from a friend who works downtown. I'll just copy and paste the email in its entirety b/c it was a most miraculous sighting, involving a panhandler and some animals. There are pictures at the end to verify.

You will never believe what I just saw. Never.

Are you sitting down?

Get ready for lots of emphatic punctuation.

Okay, so I was driving downtown with a friend this afternoon and we see a man crossing the street with a dog AND A CAT on leashes! Fun enough already, right? I got really excited and started clapping and pointing and bouncing in my seat like a toddler. They were such a cute, eclectic little coterie!

THEN!

As we got closer, the man leaned over, picked up the cat and deposited her on top of the dog, where she remained perched as they crossed the street. And that is when we saw the RAT! SITTING ON TOP OF THE CAT!!! It was an exquisite, walking pile of dog, cat and rat!!!!!

CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?! A Christmas miracle!

Just in case you can't, I should have photographic evidence shortly. And yes, of course the man was panhandling, but to that I say, "Here's my wallet! Take it and leave me these cuties!!"

Er, take your rat, too.








You can see his spare rats in the bag in this shot. Maybe he has a high turnover rate for the rats because they realize the danger involved in this little arrangement and leap down the sewer in kamikaze escape efforts. It must be difficult to put a leash on a rat.

No comments: