Friday, January 29, 2010

Austin Itch

I feel like C and I both get the itch to go to Austin on a regular basis... especially in the spring and fall. With last week's rash of temperate weather, it's quite unsurprising that he mentioned it the other day. We're saving money, so we're not going anywhere right now.

Buuuut if we were, this is the weekend vacation I'd plan.

STAY:

Hotel San Jose





or Kimber Modern





or (if we're feeling like rich hipsters) Hotel Saint Cecilia

Apartment Therapy has an article on Cecilia






EAT AND DRINK:

Kerbey Lane Cafe



Juan in a Million




Amy's Ice Cream



Jeffrey's



Fliphappy Crepe Trailer



The Grist Mill



Gruene Hall



Big Top Candy Shop



If we had any spare time between all that eating, we'd hang out in Zilker Park or float the Comal/Guadalupe or walk around on South Congress or hike Enchanted Rock or go to the San Marcos Outlet Stores. I love Austin!

3 comments:

The Hayden Family said...

May we please carpool? A lil dose of Austin sounds like heaven right about now.

And Kerbey Lane pancakes deserve their own food group. I'm gonna dream abt 'em tonight!

If you do get away, pls send me a postcard. Sniff sniff.

Laura Shaw said...

I love austin too!! Your post made me miss it terribly. I think I need to call my girlfriends and schedule a visit!

E said...

Oh gah, thanks for leading me over here. It's going to be so hard to decide between my top cities. Austin is definitely on it now :)