Monday, January 11, 2010

Sometimes there's a man...


Do you like The Big Lebowski? Do you like Shakespeare? Then you're going to love Two Gentleman of Lebowski by Adam Bertocci.

A snippet...

WALTER
That rug, in faith, tied the room together, did it not?

THE KNAVE
By my heart, a goodly rug.

DONALD
And in most miserable tide did this rogue besmirch it.

WALTER
Prithee, Donald! Thou too eagerly hold’st the mirror up to nature.

THE KNAVE
My mind races; I might endeavour to seek this gentleman Lebowski.

DONALD
His name is Lebowski? Verily, ope thine ear; that is thy name, Knave!

THE KNAVE
On good authority; and his nobleness must oblige. His wife taketh up quarrel and borrows, and they bespoil my rug.

WALTER
Marry, sir, my heartstrings do you tug;
They urinate upon thy damnèd rug.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Love this!!! Have you read or seen the Jane Austen Zombie books? Similar idea. I've heard good things.